Notice for foreigners who give birth in Vietnam
1. Notice about naming children
If you choose the nationality for your child is Vietnamese, the child's name must be in Vietnamese, not with a number, with a character that is not a letter. (According to Vietnam Civil Code 2015).
2. Birth registration procedures for children
Step 1: You need to prepare the following documents:
- Declaration of birth registration according to the form.
- Birth certificate. If there is no birth certificate, the witness's document certifying the birth must be submitted, and if there is no witness, the birth certificate must be provided.
- Written agreement on choosing a nationality for your child. If you choose a foreign nationality for your child, this written agreement must be certified by a competent state agency of your country.
Step 2: Submit the above documents at the People's Committee of the district where you reside. Civil status officer and you sign in the civil status book. After that, the Justice Division reports to the Chairman of the People's Committee at district level to issue a birth certificate for your child.
- 2014 Law on Civil Status
- Decree 123/2015/ND-CP
- Circular 04/2020/TT-BTP